Thursday, 21 June 2012

Photo Restoration

I've been spending the past few weeks restoring an old photograph of my Grandad. It has been sitting in a frame for years and was badly sun damaged, so I decided for Father's Day that I would restore it and get it put in a nice new frame for my Dad.


The original photograph was taken at some point in the 1960's outside Central Park in Wallasey, so I'm guessing my Grandad would have been about my age in this picture or in his late twenties or early thirties.


I searched around for tutorials on restoring photographs, but in the end I had to pretty much digitally re-paint all of it using Adobe Photoshop. It was a lot of hard work but here it is before and after.


2 comments:

  1. Thats a good job there Nicky, I did something similar a few years back for my Grandfather & I had it done professionally - cost a small fortune.

    I hope that your Father was chuffed with it anyway

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah , my Dad was chuffed. The frame I got is kind of dark brown old wood and really compliments it. I'll pop an image up of it framed at some point. I thought about getting it done professionally, but I'm a tight wad and was determined to do it myself. If you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay to get your photo restored? I'm curious to know how much places charge for future reference :)

    ReplyDelete