175g unsalted butter.
175g caster sugar.
2 teaspoons of vanilla extract.
175g of self raising flower.
Cream cheese icing. (I used plain flavoured on some and strawberry flavoured on the other).
Sprinkles of your choice. (I used popping candy on some and sugar cane and hundreds and thousands on others).
- Preheat the oven to a 170 degrees/ Gas mark 3.
- Mix the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Pour in the vanilla essence and add the eggs mix again to make a yellow batter.
- Add the flour and mix until it is smooth, about 5 minutes. Stop once in the middle of this and scrape the sides down using a spatula. The longer mixing time enables air to get into the mixture which will make it lighter. Pour into fairy or cupcake cases.
- Bake for about 14 minutes. Keep an eye on them. They will be perfect when they bounce back to the touch and the top still looks slightly sticky. This will ensure they keep their moisture.
- Leave on a cooling rack for 30 minutes or until cool, then decorate as you wish. (I used cream cheese icing and sprinkles).